Adobe Flash Player is probably one of the most popular and favored technologies that has been used millions of people all around the world to showcase media-rich content on their websites. It used to be the default plugin in various web browsers for displaying media and animation elements on the websites that you’re visiting. However, with time, a lot of web content creators started moving away from Adobe Flash Player and have started adapting more secure and advanced web technologies.
The good thing is that a lot of web browsers even in today’s date support Adobe Flash Player, however, most of them have blocked flash player by default. Developers of popular web browsers like Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, have abandoned Adobe Flash Player in favor of HTML 5. The journey of Adobe Flash Player has reached a point where major web browsers have started blocking it by default.
However, there are still a good number of websites that still rely on the Adobe Flash Player technology for showing animations, graphics, and media-rich content on their websites. If you still wish to use the Adobe Flash Player or looking for a way to unblock it, then you’re at the right place. This article will help you to unblock Adobe Flash Player on your Google Chrome browser.
How To Unblock Adobe Flash Player On Google Chrome
Unfortunately, Adobe itself confirmed that they would no longer support flash and it would be discontinued by the end of 2020. But, that doesn’t mean web content creators cannot use Adobe Flash Player for showing animations and graphics on their sites. If the websites you’re visiting still rely on Adobe Flash Player for showing content, then you need to configure your browser first.
After unlocking the Adobe Flash Player on your web browsers, you will be able to view the content of the website. In order to unblock the Adobe Flash Player on Google Chrome, you need to follow the below-mentioned steps.
- First of all, open up the Google Chrome browser on your PC and click on the browser’s menu icon.
- Select the “Settings” option in the browser’s menu to proceed further in the process.
- Click on the “Advanced” option located in the bottom left corner of the browser to proceed.
- Now click on the “Content Settings” option from the list and wait for the next page to load.
- On the next screen, you will be shown a list of websites that have requested for Adobe Flash Player.
- Select a website that you wish to enable Adobe Flash Player for and change the setting to “Ask First” option.
- Moreover, you can also manually add website links, so that your browser would never block flash on them.
That’s all, once you enabled the flash player for a particular website, the content posted on that website will be unblocked and you will be able to view or access it whenever you want on the web browser.
Here is another method that you can try to unblock the Adobe Flash Player on your Google Web Browser. If you ever see a message saying the content is blocked on your Google Web browse, then simply click on the “puzzle icon” on the website and click on the “Allow” button to enable the Adobe Flash Player on your browser. This way, you don’t have to go into the settings and manually add the site to the list.
You can do this for basically any website that still uses Adobe Flash Player for delivering media-rich, graphics, animation filled content to viewers.
How To Unblock Adobe Flash Player On Mozilla Firefox
A couple of years ago, Mozilla Firefox also reconfigured the browser and started blocking the Adobe Flash Player. So, as a user, you will have to first unblock the Adobe Flash Player in order to view blocked content on certain websites. You may go ahead and follow the below-mentioned steps to get the job done.
- Run the Mozilla Firefox web browser and navigate to the browser’s menu to begin.
- Now click on the “Add ons” option in the menu to proceed further in the process.
- On the next screen, select the “Plugins” option and wait for the plugins list to show up.
- Go to the Flash Player plugin and select the “Always Activate” option from its drop-down menu.
- That’s it, now close the window and exit settings for the changes to take effect on your browser.
Once the changes are saved, your browser will no longer block Adobe Flash Player content on websites. Again, there’s an alternate method available for Mozilla Firefox users as well. You can unblock the Adobe Flash Player content in an instant simply by clicking on the Adobe Flash Player icon and select the “Allow” to unblock the multimedia content on the website you’re visiting.
How To Unblock Adobe Flash Player On Microsoft Edge
Microsoft Edge browser is configured to use the Adobe Flash Player plugin, however, it is actually blocked by default. Unlike other web browsers, Edge will show an option to enable “Adobe Flash Player” when you visit sites that require the plugin to show content. If the option doesn’t pop up, then you need to follow these steps to enable flash player manually.
- Launch the Microsoft Edge browser and go to its settings to begin the process.
- In the settings, click on the “Advanced” option to go deeper into the settings.
- Now select the Adobe Flash Player plugin on the next screen and enable it.
- Confirm the change by selecting the “Yes” option if prompted on your web browser.
- Now close the settings and the content would be unblocked instantly.
Unblocking Adobe Flash Player on web browsers is quite easy and simple if you know the steps. The above-mentioned methods well help you to unblock the Adobe Flash Player plugin and view flash player contents on major web browsers like Google Chrome, Microsoft Edge, Mozilla Firefox, etc. In case if you’re using any other browser and need help with it, then let us know in the comment section below.